Smart technologies for sustainable agriculture
- Drago Žagar, University of J. J. Strossmayer in Osijek, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Computing and Information Technologies, Osijek, Croatia
- Ivana Podnar Žarko, University of Zagreb, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, Zagreb, Croatia
- Domagoj Šimić, Agricultural Institute Osijek, Croatia
Application of modern information and communication technologies in the agricultural sector can significantly increase the efficiency of agricultural land use, which will result in increased quantity and quality of agricultural yields and in reduced negative impact of climate change. The aim of the workshop is to present the latest research and technologies in the field of smart agriculture that are applied globally, to describe the current situation at the local and national levels, to detect important problems and challenges in the field and to propose adequate solutions. Furthermore, the main results of the scientific research project “IoT-field: An Ecosystem of Networked Devices and Services for IoT Solutions Applied in Agriculture” will be presented.
Date and time: TBA
Venue: Hotel Osijek, Šamačka 4, 31000 Osijek, Croatia
Authors are invited to submit manuscripts presenting original, unpublished research on the use of ICT solutions for sustainable agriculture. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
- Sensors for smart agriculture and agri-environmental monitoring
- LPWAN technologies and novel protocols for smart agriculture
- Wireless sensor networks and IoT platforms for smart agriculture
- Precision agriculture and data-driven solutions to increase crop yields
- Robotics and AI-based solutions for smart agriculture
- Smart farming for agroecology to reduce negative impacts of agriculture on the environment
Paper Submission and Publication
Prospective authors are invited to submit novel, previously unpublished full papers, addressing the topics of interest, for consideration for the workshop. All submitted papers will go through the regular peer-review process. Submission of a paper implies that, if the paper is accepted, at least one of the authors must register and attend the conference to present the work according to the general rules of the conference. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the conference proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore.
Guidelines for formatting, style, and submission of papers can be found on the SST2022 main page.
- May 31, 2022: Full Papers due
- June 25, 2022: Notification of Acceptance/Rejection
- July 15, 2022: Final, Camera Ready Papers, Due
The workshop is organized by the research project “IoT-field: An Ecosystem of Networked Devices and Services for IoT Solutions Applied in Agriculture” with support from European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and the three participating research institutions from Croatia: FER Zagreb, FERIT Osijek and Agricultural Institute Osijek.